Monday, April 1, 2019

Starting Afresh

Recently I was in a small group, and one of the members shared one of his goals.  After hearing his goal, I became motivated to make my own new goal. 

In 2011 I lost 50 pounds, kept it off for 2 years, and slowly gained it all back.  After hearing my friend's goal, and after looking at my "muffin top" in the mirror (with disgust), I decided that I would once again lose some weight.  I will be healthier.  I will be lighter.  My inner organs will have more room to function properly.  I will look nicer outwardly; I will have a slimmer physique.

Of course, I want to do this safely.  So, I have decided I will lose 50 pounds in 5 months.  That is an average of 10 pounds a month, or 2-3 pounds a week.  I think this is a safe level for me, as well as an achievable goal.

My eating plan consists of a variety of approaches.  I will menu plan in advance, then make a list and go buy the ingredients needed for my meals.  I will include exercise at least 3 times a week, with a goal of fine-tweaking the exercise plan to include more.  I will drink plenty of water, and take some supplements such as a mulit-vitamin, omega 3s, and a calcium one.

I am also a  Zumba instructor, so it would be nice if I modeled what I preach, that is, a healthy lifestyle.  So, I am making a renewed effort towards my physical fitness goals. 

I know if I do what I set out to do, and stick to my plan, I can lose 50 pounds in 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment