Thursday, June 4, 2015

How To Get Motivated To Lose Weight

     Yesterday I went to the library to print something from the computer and to use the copy machine.  Afterwards, I decided to browse the non-fiction section, looking for materials to check out on nutrition.  I found two items of interest to me.  One was a book, called "The Daniel Plan" by Pastor Rick Warren.  The other was a CD University level course entitled "Nutrition Made Clear" by Professor Roberta H. Anding. 
     Wow! All I can say is "wow".  Listening to the Professor on nutrition was eye-opening.  I can hardly wait to devour the course!  And, I began reading The Daniel Plan, and I'm feeling greatly encouraged and motivated to STAY THE COURSE of living and eating healthy!!
     Chapter 2 of  The Daniel Plan, Pastor Warren discusses/teaches about what he considers the "5 Essentials".  The 5 Essentials he considers to be necessary in achieving a healthy life are as follows:  faith, food, fitness, focus, and friends.  He elaborates more in chapter 2 about what he means by each one of these.  Then, at the end of the chapter, he challenges the reader to take a personal inventory of where he/she is today in each of those 5 categories.
     Stumbling upon these two resources yesterday, and by listening to the 1st few chapters of the CD, and reading the 1st few chapters of the book (The Daniel Plan), have greatly encouraged and motivated me, ONCE AGAIN, to recommit and refocus and REMAIN on this path of health and fitness.  My friend, if you are reading this today, then I hope the same for you, too.  Hip, hip hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment