Friday, November 25, 2011

Leftovers for Dinner

I took leftover ddeok guk (a soup made with rice cakes) and turned it into a form of ddeokk pok gi (a kind of spicy rice cake concoction). I added some frozen green onion I had on hand, plus some shredded carrot, soy sauce, fish sauce, and go chu jang (a red pepper paste). I didn't have any unfrozen meat to add to it for protein, but I did find some soy beans still in the pods in my fridge, so I used those as a side dish. Soy beans contain enough protein like an egg, so I was quite proud of myself for coming up with this quick and tasty, reasonably nutritous meal. Furthermore, I made sure to portion control the spicy rice cakes, othersise if I ate too many it would show both on my body and on the scales!! And, to down it I drank a cup of nonfat moo.

Lunch today was semi-healthy. Caeser chicken salad with a fruit and yogurt parfait. The unhealthy part of the salad was definately the dressing. A serving of caeser dressing contains almost 200 calories!! Probably not worth it.

And, I did too much snacking today. I ordered a medium sized latte from Starbucks and two small bite size pastries. I'm sure that adds up to 500 calories alone. This was not a good nor healthy snack choice today.

On the plus side, I went to body works abs class this afternoon. It is a class at the gym utilizing the weights and repetitions for an hour. So that was a good use of my time!

I'm planning to hit the gym next week for classes M-Th at 8pm (due to my work schedule change). Am looking forward to the variety it will entail. Some aerobic, some stretching, and some toning. A combination of all the exercises "they" say we need!!

Heading into the holiday season will not put a damper on my healthy lifestyle efforts. If anything, it makes me have a new resolve in my heart to continue on the path. I am aware that I am at a pivotal time of my journey. Although I would love to lose 10 more pounds, its not all about the pounds. I definately don't want to GAIN IT ALL BACK like so many people do. So, I am and have been, at the maintaining stage. Now is the time to continue and maintain the path that I have been on, not go backwards. A continued focus, and priority of health and fitness is what is needed now for me.

Having health and fitness buddies on the same journey as I is also helpful. God has given me several health and fitness buddies and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment