Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Breakfast



For today's breakfast I made white toast with a little bit of butter and strawberry spread, one scrambled egg sauteed with garlic and made with onion, green bell pepper, a little cilantro and jalepeno, seasoned with salt and pepper, and topped with queso fresco, a Mexican style cheese made from skim milk. I cooked the onions and pepper in the microwave instead of in oil, to try and cut down on calories. But, then I used a tiny bit of oil to cook the eggs. I also had one small gala apple and one cup of nonfat milk.

Need to go to store for more nutella spread. I love that stuff on my toast. Once I use up my white bread, I am going to try to get wheat and/or multi grain bread instead. Still trying to eat up what's in the fridge, freezer and pantry before going to supermarket as much as possible. Have to buy some yogurt and fresh oranges.

I am 10 pounds away from my weight goal, though I am content with where I am at now too. I know I can lose this belly fat if I eat right and switch up my exercise routine. That is why, starting last week, I have intentionally added weight training to my exercise routine. I just take a class at my gym that uses weights and repetitions throughout the class. I am a beginner and at this point taking a class is the best way for me to learn how to use weights.

It may be Turkey Day, but that doesn't mean I have to eat like one!

No comments:

Post a Comment