Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Success

Today is Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. Breakfast consisted of a bowl of kashi cereal with a cup of nonfat moo. I stopped at Starbucks for a iced coffee drink and a mini vanilla scone (140 calories for 3 or 4 bites of bliss). Not sure how many calories in the iced frap. Lunch was a ham and turkey sandwich from Subway on wheat bread with honey mustard and alot of veggies, plus a drink. I also ate a fruit and yogurt parfait. The yogurt was low fat yogurt. My drink was the green tea, but it is the sweetened with honey kind. And, it dawned on me, I wonder how many calories are in that drink? I wonder if there are "hidden" calories in that particular green tea drink that I have not accounted for? I should find out about that. If it contains too many calories then it may be worth taking it out of my diet. For dinner I ate a chicken salad with low calorie balsamic vinegarette dressing from Carl's Jr. I also took a new Zumba TONING class and then drank a protein shake at home. Finally, I warmed up while watching Biggest Loser, Thanksgiving Edition, at home with a hot cider worth another 80 calories.

I love that I exercised today. I almost skipped my exercise to go visit someoene. But, I love the good feeling I get from working out. I love the energy it gives me! I also appreciate the decent eating I did today. Sure, I ate a mini scone from Starbucks. It is truly one of my indulgences, along with the mocha frap drink. However, I made healthy food choices throughout the rest of my day. A sandwich for lunch; a salad (with chicken) for dinner.

I could have added at least one more serving of fruit to make my day a wee bit healthier. But, I did do good by choosing the low cal vinegarette dressing! The past couple of days I'd been choosing the 100 calorie dressing with my McDonald's chicken salad.

I gave up eating fast food at the beginning of the year. Now, when I visit a Carl's Jr., or a McDonald's, I tend to lean towards the chicken salads, hands down!! I do alot of traveling with my tutoring job, and sometimes it is easier to grab something on the go than to pack it. My preference is to pack a sack lunch simply because it's cheaper, though it's not always possible or doable.

My workout plan for the next 2 weeks is to hit the gym classes M-Th at 8pm. Beginning with next week, I am tutoring again 4pm to 7 pm, so hitting the gym classes then won't be possible. I also have morning teaching classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for the next 2 weeks, so hitting the gym on those mornings will also be impossible.

After 2 weeks, then I will be freed up on Monday and Wednesday mornings to hit the gym if I want. And, I want!! There is a Wednesday morning Zumba class that I'd like to take. And, there is a Monday morning boot camp class that I think would be good, plus I like the instructor!!

I signed up for Zumba TONING classes starting in January. I am hoping to take some TONING classes at my gym in December, as my schedule allows.

Other goals related to fitness include running my 1st 5K, and becoming certified to teach Zumba. I have been mulling these things over in my mind for quite some time now.

The final benefit I like from living an active lifestyle (meaning getting a daily dose of exercise, or something close to it), is the mental benefit it brings to me. The endorphins and the energy it brings to my life benefits me immensely. I want to make diet and exerise an intentional part of my life from now on. (By diet I mean food intake is making healthy choices).


Finally, I need to invest in a scale for home. I've only been using the scale at the gym or the scale at the Korean spas to weigh myself!! I think it's time I get one for my home!!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment