Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Little Good, A Little Bad

I might eat healthily all day, except once or twice each day (yesterday and today). For example, I ate mostly great the other day; I was truly pleased with myself. But, later I realized that I had eaten one small snack of rice cake (the glutinous kind). Even though it was a really small piece, like 4 or 5 bites, I still had it. And, it was good. It had beans on top of it, which is good for our health. But, it's something I have to definately watch and stay on top of (the eating of snacks).

For example, yesterday I was also pleased with my eating intake overall. But, for my afternoon snack I ate triscuit wheat crackers (about a small handful) and a cup of soy milk. Not a bad snack overall, but, I thought it could be improved if I were to snack on fresh veggies instead. Like carrots! By the way, I have some fresh cucumbers in the fridge now, so, I should remember to eat those. They would be way better for me snack wise, well calorie wise.

Today, this morning for breakfast is another example of a little good and a little bad eating. For the good part I ate one egg scrambled with a cup and a half of fresh chopped veggies and an orange, one cup of non fat milk, and a cup of hot green tea. The "bad" part of my breakfast today was eating one biscuit. And, I must say, it was one tasty and delicious biscuit!! I put a little butter and a little jam (jam has 50 calories for one tablespoon serving), but oh, the taste! And, I have a 2 dozen in my fridge. I can't eat them all. I gave a dozen away to Maria, one of Gerilyn's caregivers. What will I do with the other dozen?

I got up this morning and was planning on going to gym for body works class but after preparing breakfast, cleaning up the kitchen, and doing the laundry, I ran out of time. So, I was planning on going after worship service tonight, but, they're closed! So, sometime this afternoon I might be able to get in. We'll see.

That's it for now. I ate a multi vitamin today and the fish oil supplement. Got some fiber supplements too, so that should help my body's regularity. 45 minutes until morning worship service. Plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment