Friday, September 16, 2011

On My Way to Success Today

I am pleased with my day today in terms of food and exercise.

Breakfast consisted of one scrambled egg with about a cup and a half of mixed veggies sauteed in margarine (country crock). Also, 2 turkey sausage links, one orange, one cup of nonfat milk, and one cup of hot green tea with brown rice (oh my how I love this blend). I also took a multi vitamin and fish oil supplement. Drank 8 cups of water overall.

So, yesterday I learned through my online research about some foods that are high in soluble fiber content. My stool is a little bit hard to come out right now (because I ran out of fiber supplements). That usually happens whenever I run out of fiber supplements. So, I thought I would add a half a cup of pinto beans to my diet, as well as some avocado because both contain good amounts of soluble fiber which our body needs. So, for lunch I warmed one corn tortilla (can you say 60 calories for one) and added half of a small avocado into it and rolled it up and ate it with some salt and lime juice. I felt so Mexican! And it was so good! I also ate a half a cup of pinto beans seasoned with cumin, oregano, salt, lime juice and some hot sauce (Tapatio brand). And THAT was so tasty too!! I also ate a nice big salad, about one and a half cups of lettuce, and a variety of fresh veggies chopped like cucumber, tomato, red onion, bell pepper and green beans. I used a little lime juice and some chipotle dressing. I went easy on the chipotle dressing because 2 T. contained 100 calories! I was out anyways, so I probably got around 1 T. or maybe 1 and a half.

My exercise today was a one hour class at the gym called "Body Works Plus Abs". We use weights throughout the workout and repetitions. I worked out I think every part of my body: upper body, lower body, torso.

Dinner was leftovers of the following: garlic mashed potatoes, and mint-fennel steak (but just a tiny bit like 2 oz. maybe), and a side of fresh green beans (not leftovers). After eating that I felt satisfied. But, I wanted to include some yogurt, and fruit afterwards, along with a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts. I feel totally great now!! I think I ate adequately healthy today overall. I am so pleased. I exercised and watched what I ate.

Oh yeah, one more thing. When I got on the scale today while at the gym, I weighed 139 today, and that was WITH CLOTHES ON. So, my body is doing something.

Something good I mean. Yesterday, I was thinking about my weight. And, how it has been around 140 for a long long time. I thought maybe my body is converting some fat into muscle, which weighs more. But, as long as I remain faithful to eating right, and exercising, then I do believe my body is going to eliminate more fat. It's a cause and effect thing. If I do A, then my body should do B. So, that's where I am at today.

I love writing in my blog. If you're reading this, I hope you enjoy my blog. And, more than that, if you're reading this, I hope that you too are finding success in your own personal weight loss and fitness journey!! I hope that this blog informs, motivates, inspires, encourages and/or helps in some way you the reader. Blessings and good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment