Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday, September 14th

Breakfast: 1 egg scrambled with 3/4 cup chopped veggies like onion and tomatoes wrapped in a half of a large white tortilla, 1 cup nonfat milk, 3 turkey sausage links and 1 talblespoon of ketchup. 1/4 cup of trail mix (dried cranberries, almonds, and cashews)

Snack: canteloupe, 1 cup and yogurt a half cup, and 1/4 cup walnuts.

Lunch: salad lettuce with 2 T. low calorie dressing. Trader Joes Sesame Ginger type.

Snack: One cup of pinto beans, seasoned with salt, red pepper sauce, cumin and oregano. Yummy! Wanted seconds! (But I didn't).

Dinner: Chicken and seaweed soup about 1 or 1.5 cups, 1/2 cup cooked rice of white/brown rice blend, and a side of kimchi. One cup of nonfat milk also.

So far today has been so good! Satisfied with my choices today. Maybe too many nuts though. And, definately lacking in fruits and vegetables.

Still, likely to eat fruit for dessert tonight. We'll see.

Didn't exercise today though. Maybe tonight. I started a new commitment to diet and exercise for the next 6 weeks. My goal is to be on the elliptical machine 30 minutes a day daily for the next 6 weeks in the evenings at my local gym, in addition to the regular Zumba and other exercise classes I may be interested in doing. But, I definately want to commit to the elliptical machine so I guess I'll go tonight!

I'm on my way. Hopefully my body will cooperate and get there! It's a 10 pounds is my goal now. I'm at 140 or 141. Would like to get down to 130 if my body will do it. On the one hand, what I've accomplished this far has been amazing! And, I am pleasantly satisfied! However, I've come this far, so why not go all the way in my weight loss journey? I could actually get a slim and flattering figure once again. I'll at least try. And, let my body do what it wants to do. But, if it wants to go down 10 more pounds, I'll just say that that is fine by me!!

Felt hungry today but that was normal before dinner hunger! I remember as a kid getting hungry before meals like lunch in school and home dinners. I drank enough water today. Woo hoo.

One day at a time. One meal at a time. Exercise doing what I love. Drink lots of water. Eat the right foods in the right portion sizes. Snack on veggies not crackers (my weakness) when hunger pangs kick in before mealtime. Grab a buddy and lose weight together. These are some of the things I've learned along the way, that I pass along to you, as I give myself a pep talk. LoL. We can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment