Thursday, September 15, 2011

Some Thoughts on Fat

A couple of thoughts come to mind. I've decided to try and lose my excess fat. I was doing some research online today on fat, and losing belly fat. In my research I learned that there are 2 kinds of fat: subcutaneous fat and visceral fat. The visceral kind of fat is what you feel under your skin. The other kind of fat, subcutaneous kind, is the fat found in your abdomen area. This is the kind of fat I have right now. It's also the kind of fat that is, incidentally, not good for you either. So, although I've made a tremendous amount of progress this year in losing weight, I think I am going to have the mindset to lose the next 10!! I've had the mindset before that I would like to lose this amount if my body would cooperate. Now, however, I insist that my body cooperate due to the health benefits it will have for my body. So, that is what I am thinking today.

As for dinner, I didn't even finish all my dinner! I felt full. Wild. So, I stopped when I felt the full feeling. There was no sense in continuing eating. It was a half cup of rice, about a cup of leftover seaweed chicken soup that I added some clams into, and about 4 pieces of kimchi since that's all that I had left. I drank a cup of water, a cup of nonfat milk and also ate a nectarine. I feel great! Not too full, not still hungry. I feel just right!

Planning still to go to Zumba class tonight with Jane. And, if my body is up for it, do the elliptical machine afterwards. But, that would be like 90 minutes of exercise straight, so I'm not sure my body can do it. Last night I failed to go to gym. So much for my new commitment. Today is a new day. I am committing to the next 6 weeks and making a renewed effort in my healthy lifestyle. This includes a daily (6 days) of elliptical machine for 30 minutes on top of my regular dance and aerobic program. I think now is a good time to add yoga/stretching to my routine as well. Why not? Afterall, I am "starting over" at this point!!

Oh, okay, there's one more thing I'd like to share with my readers. I went to the food pantry today in the morning to volunteer. One of the male workers said how nice I looked and how he couldn't keep his eyes off of me now! I know it sounds funny, but, I will say that English is his second language and I think he was attempting to say something kind to me! He was saying how nice I look. I look soo nice that he can't keep his eyes of off me. LoL. So, that is how I took it.

How can I decrease my fat intake? This is something else I am thinking of these days too. Less country crock, less oil, less margarine. But, a tiny bit is okay I think. More exercise. I learned that aerobic exercise is good for decreasing body fat in my online research today.

No comments:

Post a Comment