Saturday, September 10, 2011

Not one of my best days

My day started with not really wanting to get out of bed. But, since that is not an option for me, I got up. Breakfast was okay. I ate leftover steak from the night before, with an egg "sunny side up" (but really it was cooked more like over medium), one orange and one cup of non fat milk. So far so good, eating wise.

No exercise today. Giving myself the day off. Was going to go for a walk but didn't have anyone to go with. And, not too motivated to just go alone for some reason today. So, I slept in till about 8.

Was busy in the morning at the library, getting ready for class on Monday.

Went home for lunch and ate a nice salad, with a little bit of leftover steak, some trail mix, and tomatoes. Fruit and yogurt. Feeling good. With the exception of tea biscuits. Not one, nor two, nor three, nor four; but something outrageous like 8 little cookies. Not good for a person watching her waistline, like me! But, no worries, I can make it up with the rest of my day by how I eat in the future. Well, so I thought!

But, after lunch is my downfall. Instead of going back to work, I lie around, in front of the tv. Food Network catches my eye all the time. The food truck episodes I cannot stay away from! Of course, tv in and of itself is not a bad thing! But, once I get started watching something, it is so hard to stop sometimes!! Hours can fly by, in between little cat naps. So, that is my Saturday.

With boredom, came boredom eating. A handful of wheat thins. Another handful of triskets. Then, some bites of milk chocolate!! I just went crazy ballistic with the food. What happened? Boredom, and lack of motivation, accountability kind of got in my way.

Then, a trip to McDonalds. Not for food necessarily, but to use their internet since ours is down right now at home. Well, since I'm in McDonald's I committed the big sin: I ordered a cheeseburger (I don't want to know how many calories I just ate), and the hot fudge sundae (so much for "making up for it in my next meal").

Tomorrow is DEFINATELY a new day!!! That is what I can count on, and what I am telling myself. Today's eating is not the end of the world. I know just not to make a habit of eating like this!

A couple of thoughts come to mind. First of all, I can celebrate the progress I've made thus far. What I mean is, a year ago, if I ate junk food I wouldn't have thought twice about it at all. I mean, not in the least. Today, I know better and am thinking about and have concern for what I feed my body. At least, today I have knowledge and I care. (I might have cared before, but lacked knowledge about proper eating). Second, I love the compliments that have been coming my way!! For example, last Thursday I received loads of compliments from people about my weight. First at the food pantry, at least 2 or 3 of the men commented on my weight. One guy said if I lost any more weight the wind might blow me away! And, a couple others asked me what happened, and did I lose weight? I guess that would be considered a rhetorical question. And, the next day, on Friday, at the gym, in my Zumba class, 3 of the girls also noticed that I had lost a lot of weight too!! I think, though, that part of it was the outfit that I was wearing. I think the outfit lent itself to making me appear thinner too. Anyways, I love the comments and don't have a mind of putting on the weight any time soon. Therefore, I had better take good care of my health and be sure to monitor what I eat and make healthy food choices, starting with my next meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment