Friday, August 19, 2011

I Cannot Pay Attention to What Other People Think

I think today's eating was good. I was up a little bit earlier than usual for a phone call with an old friend from Korea. We had an early morning appointment on the phone together! So, that changed my schedule a little bit, but I still managed allright.

I got up and made a cup of hot green tea, sliced an orange, and ate some yogurt! Then we talked on the phone for like an hour. It was such an edifying time for each of us as we shared God stories of what He'd been doing in our lives since our days in Korea.

After we got off the phone, I scrambled an egg and added about a cup of veggies, as usual! I seasoned the eggs with a tiny bit of oregano and cumin, and added a tiny bit of salt and pepper to the veggies. Then, combined them all together, and drizzled a jalepeno sauce on top! I washed it down with a cup of nonfat milk, and felt back on track for my day!

Off to Zumba class. Was so fun!

Lunch was delicious. Ate the leftover salad from yesterday from Panera Bread that my aunt brought. It was a chicken salad with nuts and fruit. Used a low calorie dressing (I think it was "Olive Oil" dressing). And, ate some tomato and cucumber with some sun dried tomato hummus. I even ate about half a roll, WITH BUTTER (just a little bit). And, I was so happy! My food was tasty, and drank some water after and I was good to go!

Dinner was equally delish: mixed grain rice, but only like half cup cooked, and some chicken curry (has onion, zuchinni and potato), some kimchi, black beans, and a cup of non fat milk. Watermelon for dessert, about a half of cup because that was all that was left from yesterday!!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with how I ate today. It was more like a typical day for me of what I eat, and the amounts. Much better than yesterday!!

I am looking right now at a box of cookies sitting on the counter! I had a craving but its gone.

My goal? I am definately at 140. I checked on the scale without shoes today when I went to the gym. So, 10 more pounds is my goal. But, I'm still saying we'll see what my body will do! I mean, yes, I would definately like to get down that much, but I will just see what my body actually does!

Because I have lost so much weight, some people think I'm fine now! But, only I can determine, and only I can decide what my ideal weight goal can be!! What I mean is, a few people think I should stop now, that I've done enough. However, my response is to stay focused, and not let "them" deter me from my weigt loss goals.

When I was younger, people used to say things like, "you don't need to lose weight", or "you look fine", even though I was probably like 5, 10 or 15 pounds "overweight". So, I cannot trust what people say to me, especially people in general, who are not close to me. They don't know my story. I guess I just get so frusterated sometimes when people, though well-meaning, say things that don't really sound helpful to my own ears.

Today my Zumba instructor gave me some helpful advice: he said to FIND THE LOVE, and to STAY FOCUSED. He encouraged me that I could indeed reach my weight loss goals. My other Zumba teacher told me REMAIN FAITHFUL (to eating healthily) and after a long plateu more weight WILL COME OFF!! So, I absolutely love what I have accomplished this past year in weight loss! At the pool yesterday, both my mom and my aunt were "oohing and aaah-ing" over my physique. I really really DO look different now, compared to last year! My self-esteem has improved SO MUCH. I do have and I do feel a sense of CONFIDENCE that I didn't know was there. It's been a wonderful metamorphasis that I plan to continue!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything what you said here!! People are being polite and tell you you look fine! I agree with them but at the same time you do need to stck to your plan and don't give up. You will arrive to a place where God designed you to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you zumbaj for your encouragement and for leaving a comment here. I've come this far, so there's no reason to stop now. Let's see where He designed me to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete