Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Story

For the past 10 years or more, I have gradually gained so much weight I became obese! I was 5 foot 2 and weighed almost 200 pounds! So shameful!

In January of 2011, I began meeting with a coach/friend who taught and guided me through my weight loss journey!!

8 months later, I have lost 50 pounds and feel amazing!

This is my story...

I ate the right foods in the right portions. I began exercising regularly, namely with Zumba but also the treadmill and yoga became my friends! I drank 8 glasses of water daily. I took a daily multi vitamin along with fish oil supplement. I began a food diary, recording everything I put in my mouth! I cut out the white flour products, and became conscious of whole grains. I learned so much along the way!

I used to eat 4-5 slices of pizza, because I could! I could eat a whole package of chips a-hoy in 2 days!! Oh my gosh. Shall I go on?

So, now, people come up to me, all the time, at church, at the gym, and want to know my story! How did I lose the weight? How much did I lose? How do I feel now? So, apparently, I have become an inspiration and motivation for a few people. Wow! Great! I am so glad that my life, and my weight loss success can help a few others.

I don't know what my body will do. What I mean is, will I get down to 130? I have remained a constant 144-142 for like the past 2 months or so. This past week I got to 140 but that was with shoes and clothes on. Therefore, I highly suspect that I am down to 139 possibly! And, that would be great!! I really really DO want to hit the 130s. I am shaking my head in disbelief that my body has done this!

So, even though I had a food coach/friend help me out, I am the one who did the work! And, I am the one who put the food in my mouth, or not. When I was tempted to eat my homemade delicious apple crisp, my food coach/friend encouraged me not to!! So, she helped me so much!!! I will always have a deep gratitude in my heart for her work with me. I also thank God for redeeming my body.

And, so, this is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment