Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday's Dinner



I'm just trying to use what's in my fridge for dinner tonight, and this is what I came up with. Soup with tofu and veggies in a spicy red pepper and soybean paste broth along with a tiny bit of mixed grains rice, some black beans seasoned with soy sauce and some kimchi and a cup of milk.

Lunch today: the Original Chicken Salad from Carl's Jr. # of calories=290, with low calorie balsamic vinegarette. I've been reading labels lately and I just want to share with you the reader, that not all balsamics and vinegarettes are low calorie. Surprising! So, if you are trying to lose weight, read the labels and find a low calorie dressing in a flavor you like. One of my favorites is a Soy Ginger Dressing from Trader Joes! 2 Tablespoons contains just 30 calories? Something low like that.



Here is the breakfast sandwich I made today. I used 2 slices of whole wheat bread (since I didn't have any grains yesterday I felt this was okay; otherwise, I'd probably use just one slice). One egg, with a few veggies like onion, tomato and cucumber seasoned with a little bit of salt and pepper and then some catsup and mustard drizzled on top. Yeah, the bread is toasted and buttered. Probably I could go without the butter next time. What was I thinking?!!



A view from the top.

Along with the toasted vegetable and egg breakfast sandwich, I had some canteloupe and non fat milk. A snack in the afternoon of fruit, yogurt, and a protein shake before my Zumba class. Yea, I went to Zumba for one hour today. And, drank plenty of water. Took a multi vitamin and the fish oil for my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment