Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday



There were brownies at the snack table tonight at our FPU meeting, and during the transition I wandered over there and couldn't resist! On the plus side, I chose a itty bitty tiny one, which amounted to about 3 or 4 bites. On the negative side, it's a whole heck of alot of sugar, and I already ate a tiny scone from Starbucks earlier today. Well, I have to tell myself that tomorrow is a new day!

I know overall I did adequate today (food intake wise). Dave Ramsey was teaching us tonight to do better! He says that if we're doing good in some particular area of our life, that we should strive to do better. I like that motto. I think I want to adopt that motto!!

Breakfast today consisted of: nonfat milk, a slice of canteloupe, one scrambeled egg with mixed veggies (onion, tomato, and garlic). So I know I did allright here.

Lunch-I packed my lunch to go today. I just sliced some cucumber and tomato, with pico de gallo powder, about a tablespoon of hummus (simply because that's all I had left, otherwise I would have probably had 2T), a plum, and some yogurt. Lunch light.

Afternoon snack was kind of my downfall today; not a disaster, if it's once in a while as my food coach has told me. I am just such a dogmatic person! My snack was a venti (large) sized green tea frapp from Starbucks and the mini vanilla scone. Oh, I don't want to think about the calories! On the plus side, a mini scone has fewer calories than a slice of pie, but the green tea frapp, I have no idea! That's a little scary. True, I asked for non fat milk but the powder itself that they use to make it with, I'm sure is laden with more calories than I can afford ON A REGULAR BASIS! Just for today, I guess it's "ok". But, I can't eat like that EVERY DAY!

Dinner was delicious. Because I ate with another family, so it warmed my heart as well as satisfied my stomach. A home made vegetable and seafood soup in a tomato broth, all from scratch and veggies from the garden. I think I died and went to heaven! Healthy healty, I know for sure!! Topped with a hot spicy sauce. M-m-m!!

Then the brownie and some rosemary flavored chips, about a handful. And, I came home and drank a cup of nonfat milk. I love milk!!

Summary of today's food intake: 2-3 servings of fruit, about 2-3 servings of veggies, 3-4 servings of milk/dairy, 2 servings from meat, 2 servings from sweets/oil, 0 servings of whole grains.

Summary of today's exercise: walking around neighborhood 45 minutes, listening to Dan Miller on ipod. It's tempting to skip exercise, but I want to do good to myself. And, I love the feeling afterwards that exercise brings. And, I want to keep and maintain what I have already worked so hard to achieve. Why should I stop now? No thank you. I made a lifestyle change, and I'm sticking to it! :)

This is one thing I love about keeping track of what I eat. By keeping track of my food intake, I can see where I need to improve. For example, today I had zero servings of whole grains. That is not good! So, I can see now that I need to improve my intake particularly in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment