Saturday, October 15, 2011

Balanced Dinner


Here's what I had for dinner tonight. Nothing fancy. Just rice, meat and a side of veggies. (I stirred it all together to make sort of like a goulash). Also, I drank a cup of milk. Nonfat milk. The rice is mostly brown rice with a little bit of white rice mixed in with it. And, the meat is ground beef, fried then simmered with a can of stewed tomatoes. I think the tomatoes were "Mexican style", which just means flavored with Mexican seasonings like oregano and cumin. I sliced 2 different kinds of zuchinni: green and yellow. Then I seasoned them with a little oil, salt and fresh garlic. I placed them in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. I think they needed more time to cook.

This meal overall is allright. I'm sure I could do better with the meat. For example, I could have eaten a more leaner cut of meat. But, I was going through my freezer and trying to use up what I already have rather than buy up new things. So that is why I chose that. Same thing with the rice. I did buy some brown rice last week, but I happened to still have a little bit of a white and brown rice mixed, so I had used that. I am trying to just use it up!! Probably I could have cooked the veggies without the oil. Then I could have saved some calories and fat. Maybe next time I will change the way I prepare the veggies.

I am being tempted right now to eat some chocolate fudge cookies I have in my pantry! I should get rid of them but I will probably use them as rewards for my students.

Every time I "overcome" my temptations, it is like exercising my self-control muscle. Someone told me that. Katie told me that. I like that.

I am getting closer and closer to my goal. My goal is to get down to 130 if my body will cooperate! So far, I've been steady around 141 to 139. I am hoping that my efforts last week in both eating and exercise will pay off. Everything I eat counts!! Those little decisions I make can have an impact on my final outcome. I have come this far so far. I just feel like why should I stop now? In other words, now that I am so close to a thinner, slimmer body, why not go all the way? I've blogged about this before. I'm just saying, again!!

Thanks for reading my blog. May YOU too stay on track. Together, we can have healthier lifestyles. Let's take good care of our temples!!

In love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment