Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Busy Life

I just came back from the gym right now. I asked my roommate if she wouldn't mind if I came home 15 minutes later than usual, or if she wanted me home at the usual 11:00 pm. She said later was fine so I got to use jacuzzi after my workout. The jacuzzi is always my favorite part of working out!!! True!

So, my exercise tonight was using the elliptical machine for 30 minutes. I burned around 250 calories. I really needed to burn calories today, especially after the way I ate today!

Speaking of eating, I did good overall. But, I notice that I am doing "little things" that could be preventing me from progressing further in my weight loss goals. For example, in the afternoon I drank a Caramal Salted Mocha from Starbucks. Granted, I made it a "skinny", meaning made with non fat milk, and asked for the smallest size, which is a tall. I also asked for fewer pumps of the mocha, so they used 2 pumps instead of 3, and I asked for light whip. But, I also had a salted caramal bar, which was delicious! It was like 4 bites of 200 heavenly caloric bliss in my mouth. You would think that was enough, but later I succumbed to a petite vanilla scone from Starbucks too. They are one of my absolute favorites. These sweet treats are okay, but, these little things need to be watched and monitored.

I guess I feel this way for so many reasons. Before this year, I never thought about these things. And, my weight, or lack of a proper weight, reflected this. So, now that I am more aware of the reality that we really are what we eat, I desire to make a concentrated effort in my personal well being. In addition, I have lost 50 pounds this year so far, so why would I want to gainit all back? No, I definately do not want to gain my weight back. So, I do need to be concerned about my weight and think about what I put into my mouth. So, this is where I am coming from.

My lunch was a ham and turkey sandwich from subway with veggies, and mustard no mayo, with the veggies on a wheat roll. But, I didn't get the chips nor a cookie, which I would have easily done a year ago! And, I might have even had 2 bags of chips just because I could. Gross! (But, true!) Anyways, I was tempted to get a cookie, it looked so fresh and delicious. But, I didn't (but, I had 2 sweets from Starbucks instead so, it's a good thing I didn't eat that cookie from Subway).

My dinner was a bowl of fresh vegetable soup. I used a variety of veggies and chopped them up in a tomato broth with a little bit of sage, salt and hot sauce. It was pretty good. I used broccoli, cabbage, zucchinni, onion, potato and peppers. Drank with a cup of nonfat milk, and had some strawberries afterwards.

I think I am not drinking enough water though. So, I should try to improve in this area tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, the game plan is Zumba in the morning and working in the afternoon. Should try to pack something for a lunch.

I notice that I am making positive deposits in my physical life. That is, I am eating right (for the most part), and exercising (as I am able with this new crazy schedule). I miss Zumba so much! But, I realized that I can dance on my own even without a class. I just have to do it! So, that is the next thing I am thinking about these days.

I cannot believe there are people all around the world reading my blog. If you are from another country, why not leave me a pleasant comment? How are you doing? Why do you read my blog? Which parts of my blog do you enjoy or relate to? Anyways, hope you have a nice day, and I'll try to write again soon!! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment