Sunday, October 23, 2011

God Helps Me Everyday

I am very aware of the fact that my weight loss success up until now has been in large part due to God's grace on my life. Sure, I did the work of choosing which foods to eat, and what exercises to do, but God is the one who gave me success by His grace. I could not have done it without Jane, and without God. This is true. I mean, God gave me the ability to have any kind of self-control. And, yes, I did stumble along the way too. Nevertheless, God enabled me to pick the right foods. God enabled me to have the desire to say no to over doing it on the sweets or bread factors.

I mean, when I lived in Korea, I used to eat the equivalent of 2 donuts in the morning sometimes! I would walk across the street to the local bakery, and buy like 2 pastries from there. OMG~there were so delicious! However, I had no idea or concept at the time of what I was doing to my body!!

Tonight, I ate Flame Broiler for dinner. I chose the brown rice bowl with chicken and veggies. I asked for the white meat and dark meat combo (well they gave it to me as a one time special). Anyways, I never thought about my food choices before. Nor did I make any kind of connection between what I put in my mouth and what my body turned out in physical appearance.

And, losing weight is not just about physical appearance, although that is definately one positive outcome. But, just as important, if not more, is the health factor or health benefit that comes from losing even 5 pounds. I know deep in my heart some obesity related health risks may have been averted. And I am so thankful.

So I am rambling. But, I'm just trying to say, and acknowledge that God is the One who helped me along the way on this journey, whether I had realized it at the time or not (and most likely not). And, I will still need Him now and in my future to continue helping me along the way, to maintain and or lose more if the body wants to.

So, I thank God for redeeming my body. My prayer is that He will help you also on your weight loss and health journey. I know this: God wants to help us!! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment