Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm So Angry!

The other day someone told me she had gained the weight she had lost! I don't know why, but I felt so mad inside. Why didn't she keep the weight off? Well, I should have talked with her more so that I could know and understand her story. But, as of now, I do not know her story. Why did she lose the weight? How did she gain it all back? What was that like for her?

And, I think it's not just her story in particular that makes me angry. But, I've heard of stories of other women, women that I know, who have made great strides in this area only to fail again. It makes me so sad for them! And, it makes me determined not to fall into the trap that they fell into.

I know how important what I feed my body is now. I have to constantly say "no" to sweets. For example, I am in a Starbucks Coffee Shop right now, and would I not just love one of their desserts? Yes, of course! Absolutely. And, once in a while is probably not going to cause me to gain 50 pounds. However, I mostly choose other foods because it is in my body and health's best interest to do so.

This is just where I am at today. I think when others around me who used to be thin and then become big again, hits close to home. I'm afraid of that happening to me. I love this new body that I have. I wouldn't even mind if I went down 10 more pounds if my body will do it. I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose 50 pounds only to gain it back.

Yes, I think I both fear that happening to me, and am projecting what I might feel if that did happen to me. I would feel sorrow and anger towards myself for regressing. A-ha; now I'm getting somewhere!!

So, I am motivated to maintain what I've gained thus far, and I welcome more poundage shed if possible. This is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment