Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fail!

Last night I attended an informational meeting at Biola for prospective grad students. I am considering getting my Masters in TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages). The meeting began with a dinner. They served us salad, pasta, breadsticks, dessert, and drinks. I had just a tiny bit of salad with Italian dressing, a tiny bit of pasta with the red meat sauce (we had 3 kinds to choose from, one of which was a cream sauce), one breadstick. Dessert was cheesecake with strawberries and cream. I succombed. Fail. But, today is a new day. And, I'm failing again. Well, lunch at a Vietnamese restraunt with rice noodles in a soup, that was so delicious!! And, Yogurtland afterwards for dessert. I chose just a little bit of chocolate, strawberry and taro flavored yogurt along with toppings of blueberries, strawberries and chocolate chips!! My portion was not that much though, so that's a good thing. Sort of. When I was finished, I was like, oh I want more!! But, I didn't get seconds after that.

Yes, so last night was a failure. And, after the meeting I was still hungry so I came home and ate even more! But, it was the leftover steak fajitas I had made the other day, minus the tortilla. So, I did feel good about that. And, a cup of non fat milk.

I think I understand now the truth of the saying, "we are what we eat". If I want to pack on the pounds again, all I have to do is throw out everything I've learned about food the past 10 months out the window. No way, Jose! Not even. I'm hanging on. I WANT to eath healthy. And, I WANT to do good. I may have "blown it" last night with the cheesecake (even a few bites would have been better than eating the whole slice), but, I am not a loser! I can start again now. Right now. This is my moment. And, this is my day.

Waca-Waca
...when you get down get up wo oh, when you're down get up ya ya...waca waca...oh this is Africa!...

No comments:

Post a Comment