Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Trip to Wholesome Choice

So, like I said, I needed to buy some healthy snack alternatives to eat, since I was starting to eat cookies at least twice this week! So, off to Wholesome Choice I went, in search of healthy foods and some good deals.

I cannot believe what I found there this afternoon when I went! And, I am so pleased!! They had gala apples on sale, so I got some of those. They also had Valencia oranges on sale, so I grabbed some of those too. I found some hummus for buy one get one free, so I grabbed that. The carrots were a one or two pound bag for 59 cents!! And, the celery I'm not sure, but I think was super cheap too. I alos picked up a package of mushrooms for 99 cents. Alltogether I paid under $10, or just around $10 for all that yummy, delicious, and healthy produce. I also got some roma tomatoes for 59 cents a pound or some outrageous figure like that!! I'm not kidding. And, I'm so happy (about the savings I accrued today). I feel so blessed to have gotten a week's worth of fresh produce for my healthy snacks for $10. I'm not sure I've ever gotten such a good deal before from the market!!

But, I'm not done with my story! There's more!! So, as I was departing the market, the man from Salvation Army was there, taking monetary donations. And, he looked Hispanic to me. I cannot ignore this man! So, I talked with him in Spanish and told him that I was sorry that I didn't have any cash on me (which was true). And, then I asked him (in Spanish) if he would like some fruit? He said yes, so I gave him a banana, an orange, and an apple. I'm not sure who felt happier afterwards, him or me. I think I walked away from that situation feeling like a total winner!! I love when God gives divine appointments or little opportunities to bless others. I know a year ago I might have felt annoyed that this man was standing in front of me, begging for money. But, God has done a work in my heart and changed me. Yep. This is my story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment